At Lyndhurst Animal Clinic, the health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority. As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you we plan to remain open with revised business hours. We will Close at 5PM most days, and at NOON on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions and actions to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe during this time.
During this time, we will be changing to a “hands-free” practice for appointments and services. We are taking this precaution to eliminate constant contact of door handles, countertops, pens, and to aid in social distancing. By taking these safety measures, it’s our goal to be able to remain open to serve the needs of our community’s pets.
Medication and Food:
We ask that you request medication or food refills in advance via phone. Call us when you arrive to the hospital, payment will be taken over the phone, and we will bring the food or medication to the door. We also suggest the use of our online store at lyndhurstanimalclinic.com which you can shop at for medication and pet food.
Beginning Monday March 23, 2020, until further notice, appointments and service will be handled through a "hands-free" practice, which will entail:
- We ask that you pre-schedule your appointment and bring your dog on a leash and all cats are in a carrier. Please limit, when possible, to one family member in your car.
- Park in our parking lot and remain in their vehicle
- Upon your arrival, call us at 440-449-6644 to check-in
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in
- After checking in over the phone, a team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care. Please wait in your vehicle during your pet's examination.
Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by check or cash, a team member will take the payment at your car.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
Pets and the Coronavirus:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, OIE, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and, as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) have comprehensive websites with important up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
CDC Frequently Asked Questions
AVMA - COVID-19: FAQs FOR PET OWNERS
AVMA - What veterinarians need to know
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 440-449-6644